1. Salty ocean water is captured in huge ponds.
2. Then it is pumped into what are called “Concentrators”
3. The sun and wind evaporate a lot of the water. This leaves behind a very salty brine.
4.It is pumped from concentrator to concentrator, mixing with the other batches of brine.
5. It sits out in the sun and wind for 3-5 years, until it gets enough salinity
6.Now it goes to the crystallizers where it finishes evaporation.
7. It is harvesting time now! A grater goes and breaks up the top surface, and then the harvesting machine comes and fills large trucks with tons of salt
8. Now the salt is washed a few times and then piled up into huge piles
9. It will now be taken away for culinary purposes and for different salt products